28/05/2013

Hay Festival! Day one...

So as you know I'm up for Hay Festival and on Sunday I saw Ali Sparkes talk about her young fiction books, and afterwards chatted to her and her family as my boyfriend Pedro has a mutual friend and her son set up a band after attending one of Pedro's workshops at Hay a couple of years ago! Really interesting to hear how Famous Five was such a big influence on her writing.
 Then later that evening we listening to Bobette Buster who is a story consultant for Pixar. Well, WOW. I could have listened for hours, such a fascinating talk. Fairytales, unity of opposites, facing your fears or becoming the living dead and so on!... It was incredibly inspiring. I think you can see more of that talk here and buy the book, which I've done!
Ali Sparkes

Bobette Buster

No comments:

Post a Comment