03/04/2018

Bologna Childrens Book Fair!

So last week I made it to The Bologna Childrens Book Fair! It was AMAZING!! Lots of fantastic inspiring art to be seen and lots of wonderful friends were there too!


My agents had a mock up of my Pic Book idea on their stand which was great to see! (Hope some publishers liked it!)

I stayed with my faves ladies Sam Meredith and Fiona Lumbers in a cute little apartment :)
We bumped into lots of illustrator and publishing chums... 
The Steves and Karen :D 

Laura Ella Anderson doing her incredible thing!

We also spotted handsome celebs as an extra bonus!



Bologna itself is super pretty. Highly recommend going up the tower if you can! The views were breathtaking!
Here's some snaps of nice things from inside the fair...

Jim Field at Egmont







Louise Forshaw at Miles Kelly

What's really great about Bologna is seeing the huge variety of illustration styles from all over the world. The fair can be quite overwhelming when you consider the amount of illustrators vying for work, but at the same time there are so many publishers across the globe it sort of reassures you that there's probably enough work to go about! (I hope!) :D

I was pretty rubbish at taking lotsa of decent pictures so hopefully if I am able to go next year I'll do a better job of it!

After Bologna my husband came to join me in Florence for a few days, it's absolutely beautiful there! I'd quite fancy making it a bit of a longer holiday next time! :D 




No comments:

Post a Comment