26/04/2013

YCN Tell stories, Pick Me Up-AOI Pricing talk and Flying Eye Event at Foyles

I had a busy day yesterday and the day before! I saw Rachel Bright, Benji Davies and James from Made in Me Books do a talk at YCN, which was brilliant. So gooooood to hear how illustrators made it to being published and the winding ways it happened. Very inspiring and reassuring to hear actually! Here's a link to it from YCN (That's my shoulder in the red to prove I was really there! Ha!)

 I then attended the AOI Pricing talk at Somerset House in conjunction with Pick Me Up yesterday, and I managed a sneaky peek inside as I signed up to AOI!


Then it was off to the Flying Eye/Nobrow Press event at Foyles. Such an interesting talk hearing how they got started. I also may have bought a book I can ill afford, but the illustrations were lovely. I really wanted to buy Wild by Emily Hughes but it's not out til June!



No comments:

Post a Comment