03/06/2013

Hay Festival continued!...

So another huge highlight at Hay was listening to Michael Morpurgo talk to Judith Kerr about her life and how she became an illustrator/author (And learning her husband wrote Quatermass!) I could have stayed and listened to them chatting all day. They both read The Tiger That Came to Tea and some Mog. Just truly inspiring stuff. Afterwards, I walked past Mr. Morpurgo and shook his hand and passed on a tweet from the one and only Babette Cole in which she said "ask him if he'll sing a song!" To which I asked, which one, and she said "The one from Tom Stand's party at the South Bank Centre, the Devon Agricultural Workers song" He replied saying how singing can be a lot easier than talking all the time! He had another talk that afternoon, which sadly had sold out and I couldn't get a ticket, so I'll never know if he did!





Friday I went with my nephews to listen to Ian Whybrow read his Harry and his Bucketful of Dinosaurs, which was tremendous fun! Lots of actions and noises :) 

Also managed a spot of clay model making at the National Trust tent! 

But for the majority of the week (which was dismally wet and cold!) I helped out with the music workshops ran by Cool Fossil Music and Roland. Pedro my boyfriend running the bass ones.



Lots of Dad's stayed to watch and a few Mam's :)

We also got in some talks about Music Therapy, Neuroscience and Music Education and even saw Dara O'Brien! Bumped into a few faces I know and Friday ended on gloriously sunny day! What a perfect week.







No comments:

Post a Comment